Day 172 - Challenge Group 2013: Team Fitness for Life
What if there was a way for you to get active, eat healthier, and stay accountable with a group of like-minded individuals all from the comfort of your home? Well, there is!
Join my Beachbody Challenge group for results, support, and prizes!
I'm starting a Beachbody Challenge group at the end of 2012/beginning of 2013.
As part of my group, you'll be part of a group of like-minded people. We'll track our progress along the way, hold each other accountable, and motivate, inspire, and encourage each other to achieve amazing results. It's easy!
And as an added incentive, you’ll be able to participate in The Beachbody Challenge contest. All you have to do is log our workouts online at TeamBeachbody.com for a chance to win up to $1000 every day—and submit your "before" and "after" photos for a shot at the $100,000 Grand Prize.
But the spots will fill quickly—and you don't want to wait 'til the next group! When you're ready, just visit my Web site at www.trobbinsfitness.com or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to sign up.
Here's what you do:
1. If you haven't already, create a Team Beachbody account here. It's free! How many other gyms or support groups allow you join for free?
2. Choose a program from Beachbody. If you are unsure as to what program you wish to try, or what's right for you, you can either visit my website to learn about the programs or e-mail me so that I can assess your current level of fitness as well as your goals to decide upon what program is right for you.
If you are looking to make a complete overhaul on your lifestyle, you may want to consider a Challenge Pack. Challenge Packs are offered through Beachbody, and are a great way to get started down the road to a new lifestyle by combining an excellent workout program with the dietary benefits of Shakeology thrown in. It is a great way to save quite a bit of money too, as these products are offered at a great discount grouped together.
Not only that, but you will be offered a FREE upgrade to Beachbody Coach status if you purchase a Challenge Pack before the end of the year. To learn more about the Challenge Packs, as well as the Beachbody Coaching opportunity, visit www.trobbinsfitness.com.
3. Select a Start Date. Ideally, since this Challenge Group is designed to help folks start 2013 on the right foot, we should all aim to start our programs as close to the start of the year as possible. Obviously we all lead different lives and scheduling is not going to line up perfectly for everybody, but as close to the start of the New Year is best.
Why is that, you ask? Even though many of us may be using different programs, we create a great community of support amongst all of us if we are all close to the same stages in our programs. The starting few weeks are typically the 'toughest' for most as this requires potentially new lifestyle habits and changes, so this is the time we can all support each other the most.
I will personally be starting Body Beast towards the end of December. Yes, that means that I will be working out over the holidays, but that's life, and that's the commitment I have decided to make!
4. Determine the equipment you will need. If you choose a workout program like Insanity or Turbo Fire, you won’t need anything except a way to play the DVD’s and something to wipe up all the sweat. With a workout program that involves resistance training (like P90X, Power 90, and Chalean Extreme), you’ll need some dumbbells or resistance bands. I personally prefer dumbbells, but bands work well too and they travel well, so if you are an individual who is on the road a lot for work or leisure, you may want to pick yourself up a set of resistance bands. You’ll need an assortment of sizes since the exercises vary so much.
On some exercises you will want a lot of resistance, and on others you’ll need very light resistance. You can get an assortment of individual dumbbells or you can get a single set of adjustable dumbbells like those made by Bowflex or Powerblocks. For P90X you’ll need also need a pullup bar (or again you can use the bands to substitute). Again, if you are having troubles determining what equipment you need or finding the right things, let me know and I can help!
5. Get connected. Now that you have your Beachbody account, join us on the message boards, Facebook groups, etc. I will be posting links to all of these accountability factors on my Facebook Fan Page, so get connected with me there to stay plugged in.
There are many different resources to help you stay accountable on your new lifestyle journey, so you are going to want to keep track of your progress through pictures, video, and measurements along the way so that you can stay motivated with your progress!
The reason why I am starting this Challenge Group so soon is so that those interested can get ready, prepared, and PUMPED to get going. Use the next few months to get prepared by choosing and ordering a program, getting the required equipment, and planning your diet in preparation for the best way to kick off the new year on the right foot!
I will be posting more information on this group as time passes and we get closer to a start date.