Here is a copy of my weekly newsletter that went out to all of my team members this week. If you haven't joined my team yet but would like to, go here.
I hope your health and fitness journey is either taking shape, or continuing to work for you. If not, what are you waiting for? There is no time like the present to get yourself focused on a clear goal that you want and should aim to achieve!
My training has been up and down this week. For those of you following me on Facebook, you saw my post earlier this week about tweaking my back. I had surgery in 2004 (at the age of 20) for a herniated L5-S1 disc in my back, so I am no stranger to back problems. Fortunately for me, I use that as fuel and motivation to stay active so that I can keep my back as functional and health as possible for as long as I can. Sure, I have back spasms or tweaks here and there, but because of my activity level and core strength, I am able to bounce back rather quickly. I hurt my back sometime on Sunday, I was pretty much down for the count all day Monday, but back at it yesterday (Tuesday) with a great 14km run. I am just over 3 weeks until World's Toughest Mudder! I am definitely excited to compete!
Some things to note this week:
1. Don't be afraid of posting in the "Team Fitness for Life" message board thread early. Although everyone should be gearing up to start our Challenge towards the end of this year/beginning of 2013, you can still hop on and message back and forth amongst each other, so that we can start to get PUMPED for the upcoming Challenge. Feel free to use this message thread to ask any questions you may have leading up to the Challenge.
2. I am expecting my first ever bag of Shakeology to arrive either today (Wednesday) or tomorrow (Thursday). I will fully admit that I have been skeptical of this product in the past, but after doing some in-depth research on it, I have decided to give it a shot. Being a Coach has helped that decision as well, as I save 25% off each bag I purchase. With the Coach discount, Shakeology ends up being $3 per day! Pretty remarkable considering it could/can be used as a meal replacement shake with a TON of benefits. I will be drinking Shakeology for the next 30 days (and potentially beyond) and reporting back to YOU on how I am feeling, and if I notice any changes. It will be interesting to take Shakeology for the next few weeks leading up to World's Toughest Mudder as well, seeing how much it helps my training, or more importantly, my recovery!
3. A friendly reminder that there are just 8 days left to enter my contest for a chance to win a FREE copy of Asylum 2. If you are receiving this e-mail, then you are entered already, but that does not mean that you can't still refer a friend or family member to get bonus entries into the contest. I have had a few referrals already, so there are a select few who have bonus entries, increasing their chance of winning.
4. I am currently in the process of creating a basic "Coach Guide" to help those who are interested in Beachbody Coaching, or are just getting started out with Coaching understand the basics, but also the best pieces of advice to get your business up and running quickly. If there are any topics/questions you would like to see covered in this guide, let me know. Even if you aren't a Coach right now, this guide may be of use to you as you can learn a thing or two about Coaching that you may or may not have known before. If you would like a copy of this guide, let me know!
5. I will be trying to set aside some time every Monday evening (7-8pm EST) to chat with all of YOU. This past week I ended up having a great Google Hangout with Brent from Oregon. We talked for a good 40 mins or so on all sorts of health and fitness-related topics. If this is something that interests you, keep an eye/ear out on Mondays as I will be announcing it on my Facebook page when I am available. (You need a Google+ account, a webcam, and a microphone. E-mail me with any questions you may have regarding this).
I think that is all for this week. I hope everyone is staying active and leading a healthy lifestyle, not only for yourselves, but for those around you. By leading by example, you really don't realize how much of a positive effect you have on those looking to get healthy themselves, so keep it up! Talk to you all soon,
Quote of the day:
"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Check out my new Website: tylerrobbinsfitness.com