I love this time of year. My birthday is coming up (Monday November 25th), the holiday season is right around the corner, my son's birthday is on December 6th, my wife's birthday is on December 16th, the air is colder, etc. I just love winding down the year with holiday traditions and spending time with family and friends. We may or may not also be one of those crazy families that already has their Christmas decorations up...I am a big kid, so be it!
This time of year tends to be a major motivation-suck for so many people though, especially when it comes to health and fitness. I know for a fact that I have the next few weeks already planned out in my training, but not everyone is the same.
Admit it, you will be eating those extra treats and skipping your workouts more often than not during this time of year. If you are, not all is lost, however, as there are tools to help you get back on track at the start of the year, including my P90X3 Challenge Group. If P90X3 isn't your thing, make sure to plug into my Team Fitness for Life Challenge Group. There, we have a huge group of dedicated folks pushing play, staying active, and motivating each other regardless of their program or current fitness level.
Topics of interest this week:
1. A real quick update on P90X3. Tony posted a short video giving you a little glimpse into "Agility."
2. Beachbody has overhauled the Shakeology website and will launching it this Thursday November 21st. Make sure to check it out! I have seen it already and it's awesome!
3. My next 60-Day Coach training academy starts on Monday December 2nd. The timing of this course will be perfect, because it will allow you to gain the basics of Coaching before not only P90X3 launches, but also prior to the "New Year's Rush" of people looking to make a change. If, however, the month of December is too scattered for you, I will more than likely be starting another Coach course on Monday January 6th. Let me know if you're interested. I am even open to video chat with any interested participants looking for more information into this incredible opportunity!
4. Make sure you check out one of my latest blogs from one of my Coaches (Brenda Merritt). Brenda broke down her own cost analysis as to what she spent on working out at home over the past seven years, and compared it to what she would have spent if she had been paying for a gym membership. The savings are pretty remarkable...
Blogs this week:
From the blog archive:
Nutrient Timing for Resistance Exercise Part 1
Nutrient Timing for Resistance Exercise Part 2
Nutrient Timing for Resistance Exercise Part 3
Tough Mudder Tactics: Kiss of Mud
Cost of Home Workout Programs
And 2 favors that I ask:
1) If you like the hard work I put into writing my blogs and videos, PLEASE help me out by sharing them. Click the share links below them and share them on FB, Twitter, etc. It really helps me get more exposure and grow our team!
2) Also, as always, remember that the way I benefit from being your coach is that I earn a commission from any Beachbody products that you purchase, as long as you buy them through my site, tylerrobbinsfitness.com. It helps with the amount of time I spend answering all your questions, writing my blogs, filming my videos, and helping you out. Thank you! I really appreciate it!
Everyone have a great week!